MBA (DS & DA) Admission Instructions
The Selection process is carried out in two steps.
Step I: SNAP Test
Each student desirous of admission to SCIT must appear for Symbiosis National Aptitude (SNAP) Test 2020, which is a common written test for the admission to all Symbiosis postgraduate institutes.
The applicant must register and pay online for SNAP (Symbiosis National Aptitude Test) Examination, 2020. SNAP 2020 test fee is INR 1750/-. This is not refundable. For more details please visit: www.snaptest.org
While registering for SNAP, applicant has to also apply for SCIT in the same application form. A registration fee of Rs. 1000/- is to be paid to SCIT for each programme that the aspirant wishes to apply. This is mandatory, without which the applicant will not be considered for short-listing for the GE (Group Exercise) PI-WAT (Personal Interview and Writing Ability Test) process for the respective programme(s).
Preserve the Admit Card of SNAP Test 2020 for further selection process at SCIT. Appearing for SNAP Test does not automatically qualify an applicant for the next step in selection process at SCIT.
Step II: Selection Process at SCIT
Short-listed Applicants based on SNAP scores will be called for the selection process at SCIT, Pune. Short listed candidates are announced on SCIT website www.scit.edu as per the scheduled dates. Shortlisted candidates Must fill the Application Form and book the slot for GE-PIWAT. Individual regret letters will not be sent to applicants who are not called for GE-PIWAT. The entire process will be held at PUNE only.
This process includes Group Exercise, Personal Interview & Written Ability Test (GE-PIWAT).
The final merit score will be calculated based on the following:
|SNAP score||50 Marks|
|Group Exercise||10 Marks|
|Personal Interview||30 Marks *|
|Written Ability Test||10 Marks|
Personal Interview score will also include Academic Consistency (marks at 10th, 12th & Graduation level each), Under Graduation degree, Experience and Extra Curricular Achievement.
Caution: Candidates should take due care to enter the correct details while filling the forms. At any point of time during the entrance process or even after securing admission, if details are found incorrect then candidate will be disqualified or after securing admission, admission will be cancelled without assigning the reason.
- In all correspondence with SCIT, candidates must mention their SNAP ID, SCIT Application Number, legible name, email id, contact telephone number (with STD code) if applicable and address with PIN Code.
- Applicants are advised to refer to our website for updated information. No separate communication will be sent.
- Authorised SNAP Admit Card must be produced for appearing in the selection process.
- Short-listed candidates for Step II (GE-PIWAT) will be announced on SCIT web site www.scit.edu as per the schedule published
- Merit list will be published on the SCIT website www.scit.edu as per the schedule published
- All enquiries related to admission can be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Admissions of all International students are through Symbiosis Centre For International Education (SCIE).
SYMBIOSIS CENTRE FOR INTERNATIONAL EDUCATION (SCIE)
The Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE) is a department of Symbiosis International Deemed University, providing leadership & support for the University's efforts to internationalize the campus and the curriculum.
At Symbiosis, not only are 75 countries represented in the student community, but there is also an emphasis on internationalizing the curricula. Students and faculty are repeatedly provided with opportunities to pursue their international academic interests to the fullest, be it through academic exchanges or exposure to international conferences, seminars, workshops, etc.
Internationalization at Symbiosis works on multiple tracks, hence, the two divisions in the Symbiosis Centre for International Education include:
- International Students Admissions, Events & Support Services
- International Initiatives & Collaborations
International Students Admissions, Events & Support Services
The International Students Admissions at Symbiosis Centre for International Education is designed taking into consideration the requirements and difficulties faced by International Students. The admissions are centralized for all the constituent institutes of Symbiosis International Deemed University and routed through Symbiosis Centre for International Education (SCIE). The online admission procedure has made it accessible to each and every student from different parts of the world and in the comfort of their homes.
To check if you are an international student, please refer to the categories listed.
Categories under International Students Admissions:Foreign National (FN)A student is eligible to apply as a Foreign National (FN) if he/she holds a foreign passport Person of Indian Origin (PIO)A student is eligible to apply as a Person of Indian Origin (PIO) if he/she has a PIO card, and is a citizen of a country other than India. Non Resident Indian (NRI)
At the Undergraduate Level :A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10 or 10+2 (equivalent to the Indian 10th & 12th) examination outside India.
It is mandatory for the Student who fall in the NRI Category and have appeared for 12th in India to appear for the SET TEST.
At the Postgraduate Level :A student is eligible to apply as a Non Resident Indian (NRI) if he/she has appeared either for the 10+2 examination (equivalent to the Indian 12th) or Graduation outside India. It is mandatory for one of the two qualifying examinations to be given outside India.
*It is mandatory for Postgraduate Students, who fall in the NRI Category and have appeared for their graduation in India, to appear for the SNAP TEST.
If you fall into any of these categories and wish to apply to Symbiosis Institute Kindly contact:
Symbiosis Centre for International Education
Senapati Bapat Road, Pune 411 004
Tel:+91 20 25671905
Fax:+91 20 25673854
Admission Cancellation and Refund Rules
- Please note that your application for refund of fees will be considered after your payment towards first installment is authenticated by the institute and your provisional admission is confirmed.
- Click on Apply for Cancellation of Admission tab in the http://siufinance.ishinfo.com/StudentAdmission.
- Ensure that Bank details are correctly entered and click on "Submit".
- On submitting the cancellation form, OTP will be sent to your registered Mobile number and Email Id. Provide the OTP in the corresponding OTP text and click on "Confirm" button. Once you click on "Confirm" button, your application of cancellation will be submitted to the Institute.
- In case of any change in the registered Mobile number or Email ID, please contact Institute before submitting the form. Please note that unless the OTP is submitted and confirmation is done, your application for cancellation will not be submitted.
- Fees will be refunded Online as per the bank details entered, within 15 days from the submission of your application.
- Amount of fees refunded will be as per Rules.
Instruction Rules for remittance and Refund of fees
Click here to see refund rules
Admission Confirmation Procedure
- Symbiosis Centre for Information Technology (SCIT) / Symbiosis International (Deemed University) (SIU) will announce the selection results for admission at Pune and also on institute’s website www.scit.edu as per the schedule in the admission calendar. Those who are offered admissions, must confirm their admission by paying the first instalment fees by the due date given, otherwise the seat will be made open for the next rank.
- At the time of joining SCIT, they must submit the following documents:-
- Two stamp size colour photographs.
- Self-attested copies marks sheets/passing certificate of class 12th.
- Self-attested copies of certificate of passing of the qualifying examination and statement of marks from college/institution/university. Candidates whose results are not declared, they should submit a certificate from concerned college/institution/university of having appeared in the qualifying examination, whose results have not been declared till the date of admission. (The final marks sheets/pass certificate shall be submitted by such candidates on or before 31st September 2020, in order to eligible for admission in Symbiosis International (Deemed University).
- Requisite Caste/Category certificates issued by competent authority of respective state/central governments, in case students belongs to the category of Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Differently Abled (DA), Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) Migrants or Dependents of Defence Personnel. (In case of Differently Abled candidates, the minimum disability should be 40%, in order to be eligible under this category).If the Caste / Category Certificate is in Vernacular language, English translated & notarized copy also be submitted
- Self-attested copy of certificate for change of name or Gazette, if applicable.
- Candidates who have completed last qualifying examination from any University other than SIU they shall submit Original Migration Certificate in June 2019. Those who have appeared for last semester of qualifying examination shall have to submit Original Migration certificate on or before 31st December 2020.
- Candidates who have completed /appeared in last qualifying examination from any Constituent Institution/Department of SIU shall submit Original Transfer Certificate. They are not required to submit Migration Certificate.
- Equivalence certificate (in case, candidate completed qualifying examination from a Foreign University/Board) issued by Association of Indian Universities/ Statutory Councils (whichever is applicable).
- Self-attested experience certificate/gap certificate, if applicable
- Self-attested certificate of registration issued by respective council (e.g. Medical Council, Dental Council, Nursing Council etc.), if applicable
- Application for Provisional Admission.
- Medical Undertaking.
- Indemnification Undertaking by the Student.
- Indemnification Undertaking by the Parent.
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit by the Student.
- Anti-Ragging Affidavit by the Parent.
- Following documents as Photo Identity Proof:-
- Self-attested copy of Driving License/ Aadhar Card/ PAN Card/ Passport or any other such document as proof of Identity issued by the Government Authority.
- Duly Stamped / signed SNAP Admit card, GEPIWAT Admit card
- It is the responsibility of the candidates to ascertain whether they possess the requisite qualifications for admission. Having been admitted provisionally, does not mean acceptance of eligibility.
- Final eligibility for admission will be decided by SIU.
- Care should be taken to write the address and Email ID correctly and legibly in all communications.
- All those who are admitted must attend the opening session. In case of the absence on the opening day or if a student does not attend the academic session after attending the opening session for two continuous weeks without prior permission of Director, SCIT, his/her admission will stand cancelled.
- In the event , SCIT will automatically assume that the candidate does not intend to be admitted to the relevant programme and SCIT is therefore free to admit the next student in the merit list in his/her place.
- Candidate should complete Hostel Registration prior to the opening session.
(A) PRIMARY DOCUMENTS
(B) SECONDARY DOCUMENTS
Secondary documents are available on the Finance Portal and duly signed, original documents should be submitted in the institute.
All admissions are provisional and students need to apply for getting final eligibility certificate from the Symbiosis International (Deemed University).