Seminars & Guest Lectures
Knowledge of current trends, business practices, implementation issues experienced by professionals in the IT industry and several such experiences of eminent industry professionals add another dimension to the learning process at SCIT. This takes a student much closer to the reality. Nearly 50 speakers come to the campus every year. Normally a seminar is organised on a current topic every term.
Uncertainty, Challenges, Dynamic evolution, etc. have been the words synonymous with IT industry. In an effort to understand this complex nature of IT, SCIT has been organising National Seminar since 2000 which provides useful insight in understanding the various dimensions of IT. It provides a common platform where students and Global leaders in Business and Technology come together for sharing their insights. Interactive sessions are organized between the students and the pioneers of the industry on the theme. Students get an opportunity to showcase their academic and summer internship projects to the guests and gain valuable inputs from them. Over the period of time, National seminar has become the platform where the best of IT minds meet, understand and analyze the dynamics of the IT industry for the future.
Some of the eminent speakers who graced SCIT with their presence in the past were:
State of IT’21:Integrity Ethics Conference (2021)
- Dr. Roy JohnFounder & Partner ConSoul Associates LLP
- Mr. Varun DivadkarSenior Vice President BNY Mellon
- Ms. Manjusha RaulkarGroup CHRO Suzion Energy Limited
- Ashutosh KapseHead Cyber Security, IOOF Holdings
- Mr. Mark GoyderFounder Tomorrow's Company
State of IT’21: Impact of the Global Pandemic on Product Strategy and Management
- Vijay Mhaskar
- Sameer Mehta
- Meenal Meenaakshi
- Suman Guha
State of IT’20: Integrity Ethics Conference (2020)
- Mr. Subbu Iyer Founder & CEO
- Mr. Chandra Kumar (Keynote Speaker) Digital Consulting Leader Cognizant
- Mr. Sateesh Rai Chief Data & Analytics Architect
- Mr. Osama Manzar Founder & Director
- Mrs. Satyavathi Divadari Chief Cyber Security Architect MICROFOCUS
State of IT’20: Theme Embracing Agile Practices to Mould Management in the Virtual World
- Dr.Erdal Ozkaya
- Surya R
- Kamolika Peres
- David Zakkam
State of IT’19: National Seminar Theme Branching conventional businesses
into verticals, a profitable deal or a delusion
- Mr. Suvabrata Sinha, Microsoft Inc.
- Mr Jitendra Singh, JK Cements
- SF Hussaini, JP Morgan Chase & Co.
- Vartul Mittal, Wipro
- Subarna Pal,Tata Motors
- Lincy Therratil, Barclays
- Vipul Gosalia, Independent Consultant
State of IT’18: Amalgamating IoT & Big Data: A Leverage to Data Analytics or
- Mr. Sameer Dhanrajani, Fractal Analytics
- Kapil Gandhi, Ernst & Young
- Gokul Alex, PwC
- Sourabh Mukherjee, Accenture
- Dr. Sheela Siddappa, Bosch
- Dr. Pradeep Bilurkar,Barclays
State of IT’17: Beyond the R2 : Analytics, an Altruist to Information Security or
rather an Antagonist?
- Tuhin Chattopadhyay, Associate Director Advanced Analytics Counsulting, Nielsen
- Ambica Rajagopal, Cummins
- Anup Nair, RSM India
- Amey Pathak, Tata Insights & Quants
- Rajesh Hariharan, NSE India
- Baijnath Pandey, L&T Technologes Services
State of IT’16: The Alliance between E-Commerence & Social Media:
Collaborative Success or Delusion?
- Jonny John, Founder freshconnection.in, Management committe member Ace Turtle Services
- Mangesh Panditrao, Co-Founder, CEO-Shoptimize
- Surya Putchala, Global Head,Big Data /Data Science Capplus Technologies
- Hari pulipati, Client Solutions Manager-Facebook
- Chaitanya Sonkar, Consultant-EY
State of IT’15: Internet of Things
- Mahesh Sonavane, Vice President/ SunGard India
- Sougat Ghosh, Vice President/ Nomura Services
- Neelesh Kelkar, Leader - Smarter Cities & Integrated Townships, IBM India
- Neelesh Mantri, Deputy General Manager-IoT & Smart Cities, Tata Teleservices
- Nikhil Kulkarni, Associate Director-IT Advisory, KPMG
- Prashant Deshpande, Chief Information Security Officer, Shriram Group
- Taral Soni, Lead - Mobility & loT, PwC
- Varun Haran, Principal Correspondent, ISMG
Integrity and Ethics Conference
Integrity and Ethics has been the foundation of civilization and the anchor of mankind since ages. Of late, due to the corroding influence of greed and lust, man seems to have given a backdoor entry to unethical practices in his stride and seems to rationalize the same. Companies resort to this practice and pass it off as a norm, and demean the golden values which were exhorted by great men of our times.
The Auditorium at SCIT, Hinjewadi Pune witnessed a rare conglomeration of people from the Industry, Academicians and Students to discuss and debate the role of Integrity and Ethics in the present times and the relevance of the same. This year the theme was on sustainability. This half day event featured speakers from various industries (Oil exploration, plastic recycling, Logistics and Information technology.Speakers for Integrity and Ethics Conference (2020):
Speakers: Emmanuel David,Director, Tata Management Training Center, Pune
Murzaban Jal,Professor,Director, Center for Education Studies, IIE, Pune
Niranjan Upasani, Managing Director of Esquire Health Care & Logistics Pvt. Ltd.
Mohan Nair, Managing Director of Esquire Health Care & Logistics Pvt. Ltd.
Shruti Tambe,Professor, HOD, Sociology, Savitribai Phule University, Pune
Speakers for Integrity and Ethics Conference (2017):
Speakers: Dr. Rabi Narayan Bastia Non-executive director of Asian Oilfield Services Limited and the President at OilMax Energy Dr. Medha Tadpatrikar, a serial entrepreneur and Director of Mantraa Research &Consultants Pvt Ltd, Phoenix General Insurance Brokers Pvt Ltd and Rudra Environmental Solutions (India) Ltd. Mr. Mohan Nair, Director of IIMA Pune chapter and also the MD of Esquire Health Care & Logistics Pvt. Ltd, a 3PL service provider to Kimberly Clark Pvt. Ltd. and Director of Ensigns Software & Communications Pvt. Ltd, a management consultancy firm. Mr. Prathmesh Raichura, Director Sustainability initiatives at KPMG India
Speakers: Jitendra divg,i President and Director Divgi Warner Enterprises
Mr. Jagdeep Singh,Partner EY
Mr. Ajay Dhake, Senior Manger at eQ TEchnologic
MR. Abhay Vaidya,(Senior Jorunalist)
Major General (retd) Neville Rasquinha
Biju Joseph Director, Triangular Automation Pvt ltd
Mr. Anant Nadkarni, Retd. Sustainability officer, TATA Group
SCIT in collaboration with Optra Technologies launched a tech talk series called Optic_ Technology Innovation Corridor on 23rd July 2015. It is an innovative approach to create a platform for sharing knowledge through interactive lecture series with eminent speakers bringing technology and its users on the same platform and discussing on the most futuristic trends and their possible applications in the world of Information Technology.
The inaugural session featured the following speakers:
Dr. Mashelkar the key note speaker stressed on the need for innovation in the area of information technology. He proposed the triple Ts i.e. Talent, Technology and Trust as the pivot for innovation.
Dr. S.B.Mujumdar who talked at length about the topic of skill development and how Symbiosis is committed to this concept, he made an earnest appeal to the industry stalwarts to invest their money, and time in the Indian Institutions.
Abhijeet Gholap stressed on the current scenario in the country today and also promised his commitment in creating innovation platform in India.
Dr. Vidya Yeravdekar the Principal Director of Symbiosis explained the need for initiatives and also the already started venture called the Symbiosis Centre for Entrepreneurship and Innovation.
The main speaker on the day Mr. Shreekant Joshi V.P. at Persistent talked on the topic IoT and its business applications.
The second Optic talk was delivered by Mr. Hemant Pande Global COO and CEO of E Zest solutions Pune on 27 August 2015. The topic for the day was SMAC Driven Digital Transformation. With latest case examples from the field he enthralled the audience on the enormous possibility and also the usage of SMAC in the business today. Giving examples of Tesla, Uber, PayPal, Brain Tree etc.. motivated the audience to the direction of more such innovations from India.